For bookings please call the Church Office 0208 852 1205.
Please have a look at these Guidance Notes before you call the office.
General Hiring Conditions
- St Michael’s Halls form part of the church buildings. Hall users are asked to be sensitive to the fact that there may be other church events, services, or meetings going on at the same time.
- The Halls have a strict Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies which must be followed by hirers.
- Hirers of the Halls are responsible for managing their group or activity in such a way that ensures that everyone is safe. We strongly recommend all hirers have their own insurance and that organisers of any activity involving children are CRB checked.
- We have neighbours close by so loud activities (eg band practice) are not permitted.
Anyone wanting to hire our halls is assessed first by the Halls Management Committee. Regular hirers are asked to sign a contract of hire, with strict terms and conditions.
Please note that we do not hire our Halls as follows:
- No Sunday or Bank Holiday hire.
- No Wedding Receptions.
- No other spiritual groups including yoga classes.
- No other churches for services or teaching sessions.
- No evening social events/parties.
- No smoking or alcohol is allowed anywhere in the halls.
Hire Prices 2022
Term-time groups are charged by the hour. A First Hour rate is charged with a cheaper follow-on hourly rate. Different rates apply according to the type of activity and which hall or room is hired. Please phone the church office to discuss this (020 8852 1205).
Children’s Parties hire rates are as follows: Thursday afternoons: £100 & Saturday afternoons: £170. This is for a whole session ie 1-6pm.
Car Parking, Gates and Parking Controls
The church and its halls are on the private Cator Estate which employs a parking control company 24hrs a day. Please ensure that everyone coming to the class or event, parks in Pond Road (being careful not to park on the pavement) AND that they display a parking notice (given to all hirers, plus more are available from the Main Foyer). There is limited space in the drive so only event organisers should park here.
Please also note that some of the gates to the estate are closed during rush hours in order to discourage “rat-running” and during these times it is only possible to enter the estate via the Blackheath Park entrance.