We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a safer Church for all.
We have adopted the Diocese of Southwark’s safeguarding policy ‘A Safe Church’ which can be found by clicking here
Our safeguarding policy is here – Parish Safeguarding Policy 2023.
St Michael’s Safeguarding Officers:
- Jenny Pringle-Kanga
- Carolyn French 07717 316187
- Church Office 020 8852 1205
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm, contact one of our Safeguarding Officers, or you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team using the details below, or by phoning 020 7939 9423 (office hours) or 020 3874 6743 (out of hours).
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – Pamela Chisholm
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – Marie Daly
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – Louise Vernon
If you have immediate concerns about someone’s safety, please contact the police on 999 and your local authority Children and Adult Services as appropriate.
For children and vulnerable adults living in the borough of Greenwich contact:
- Royal Borough of Greenwich – emergency duty team out of hours 020 8854 8888
- Children: referral team 020 8921 3171
- Adult Social Care Safeguarding vulnerable adults: 020 8921 2304
For children and vulnerable adults living in the borough of Lewisham contact:
- Children Social Care –Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub 0208 8314 6660
- Adult Social Care 020 8314 7777
- Out of hours 020 8314 6000
Here are contact details of other agencies that are able to assist either on a 24 hour basis or through specialist helplines and services.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Child Line 0800 1111
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0800 2000 247
- Samaritans Helpline 116123
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline 0800 8808 8141