For bookings please call the Parish Office 0208 852 1205.
Please have a look at these Guidance Notes before you call the office. There is a gallery of images of facilities below, including a layout plan. Images can be enlarged by clicking on them.
General Hiring Conditions
- St Michael’s Halls form part of the church buildings. Hall users are asked to be sensitive to the fact that there may be other church events, services, or meetings going on at the same time.
- The Halls have a strict Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies which must be followed by hirers.
- Hirers of the Halls are responsible for managing their group or activity in such a way that ensures that everyone is safe. We strongly recommend all hirers have their own insurance and that organisers of any activity involving children are CRB checked.
- We have neighbours close by so loud activities (eg band practice) are not permitted.
Halls and Rooms for hire – Summary
(40x 40 feet/12×12 metres).
This is a flexible, light and bright space adaptable for a variety of uses. Main Hall hire includes use of the adjacent kitchen. The Main Hall can be hired on an hourly basis for Term-Time Groups (eg Toddler groups, Keep Fit, After-School Activities etc) as well as for Children’s Parties (Thursday and Saturday afternoons 1-6pm) and also for one-off meetings.
There are adult trestle tables (x14, which are 6×2.5 feet) and adult chairs (100+) as well as small children’s tables (x15, which are 3×2 feet) and children’s chairs (x45) which are stored in the corner of the main hall.
The kitchen directly off the Main Hall, includes some crockery, hot water urn and kettle, cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, commercial dishwasher and tea towels.
Hirers may have a small bouncy castle inside the main hall or on the lawn, but please check with us first in case the lawn is being used by the church. Please note that the lawn is not a secure place for children as there is easy access to the street and that children will need to be closely supervised at all times.
There are Men’s and Ladies’ loos directly off the Main Foyer as well as a Loo for Disabled People which includes baby-changing facilities.
John Bunyan Hall.
(26×18 feet/8x 5.5 metres).
Hire includes use of a small and very basic kitchen adjacent to it. First Steps Nursery uses this hall during the day, so this hall is only available in the evening (6.30pm onwards). The JB Hall can be hired on an hourly basis or for one-off meetings.
This hall is reached via the covered walkway or the Musa Room. The small kitchen includes a kettle, fridge and tea towels. Any chairs and tables needed can be brought through from the Main Hall. The enclosed courtyard garden at the rear is not available as it belongs to the nursery. Hirers should not use the Nursery toys and equipment stacked in the corner other than the tables and chairs. Thank you.
Musa Room Lounge
This is a small room off the Main Foyer and is sometimes available for small groups or meetings.
Anyone wanting to hire our halls is assessed first by the Halls Management Committee. Regular hirers are asked to sign a contract of hire, with strict terms and conditions.
Please note that we do not hire our Halls as follows:
- No Sunday or Bank Holiday Hire.
- No Wedding Receptions.
- No other spiritual groups including yoga classes.
- No other churches for services or teaching sessions.
- No evening social events/parties.
- No smoking or alcohol is allowed anywhere in the halls.
Car Parking, Gates and Parking Controls
The church and its halls are on the private Cator Estate which employs a parking control company 24hrs a day. Please ensure that everyone coming to the class or event, parks in Pond Road (being careful not to park on the pavement) AND that they display a parking notice (given to all hirers, plus more are available from the Main Foyer). There is limited space in the drive so only event organisers should park here.
Please also note that some of the gates to the estate are closed during rush hours in order to discourage “rat-running” and during these times it is only possible to enter the estate via the Blackheath Park entrance.
We hope you have an enjoyable event.
St Michael and All Angels Church Halls Committee